Wednesday, August 31, 2005
More #@*% Cheese!
So today we got a free lunch but there is a catch....we had to sit through a meeting about CHANGE aka moving your cheese, how it affects us, how we deal with change, blah, blah, blah. Apparently our boss has the perception that we can't handle change. I don't understand where she gets that idea since our jobs involve change on a daily basis. I thought we all (or most of us anyway) adapted fairly well to change. We may grumble a bit, but isn't that human nature??
We change and we change and we change, which, I think, just makes us more valuable. If we can change our daily work on a moment's notice, then we can adapt to just about anything. I think, at least in our "pod" the biggest grumble we have is the workload--we are overloaded and have been for some time now. I can't remember how long ago it was when we were actually fully staffed AND everyone there was trained and on their own. But, we adapted. We took on more and more and more and we just did it. But then, the pre-reg portion was dumped on us. A bit premature I think. The system isn't up and running (that is supposed to make this all wonderful) and we're still short-staffed. So we're kind of choking with work here.
I'm not saying I'm against change, in fact, change is good, less chance of being bored--goodness knows my whole life involves changes and more changes, some good, some bad, but I DO think we can get overloaded and our brains and bodies can short-circuit, just to MAKE us slow down and attend to the basic needs. I don't know about you, but I really don't want to end up sick from this, mentally or physically.
I just hope things get adjusted so that the workload isn't oppressive and we get fully staffed so that we can make those changes at a moment's notice and move on. Life's too short to let work make us crazy.
Whew!! Thanks for letting me vent. I'll try not to "talk" about this any more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey! Who moved my cheese?!
:-) Love ya!
Post a Comment