Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Comment Spam

Looks like we've all become victims of Comment Spam. If you go to the Dashboard screen, you'll see a link that says Turn on Word Verification. I think you actually do this from Settings. From Settings you select Comments . If you check Yes on Word Verification, you will get the funky looking letters that have to be copied before anyone can comment on your blog, which makes spammers less apt to dirty up your blog with their stupid spam. Your friends shouldn't mind having to type in a few letters to comment. I hope BLOGGER comes up with a way to delete those spam comments once you have been hit. I hate Spam, the kind you are supposed to eat (if you're hard up enough to do that) and the kind that fills up our email accounts and now these blogs!!!! Hope this helps!

1 comment:

Vt6Dragon said...

LOL. I can't help but think you had me in mind when you detailed these instructions. By the way...Thanks!