Friday, August 26, 2005

Scrabble anyone?

Okay, so we're geeks, dorks, whatever you want to call us. J and I love to play Scrabble. Now we're playing online against each other; having two PCs is convenient for this. We started out 4 years ago in Newfields on a real board with me knowing sooooo many more legal words than J. Those were the good old days; now HE has all the obscure legal words stowed away in his head--he has no idea what the words actually mean, just that they are legal for Scrabble. He can't recall conversations we've had 30 minutes before or two days ago, but obscure words for Scrabble, he has down pat!! He's so competitive! I just want to play and have fun with it, but he's always out to not only win, but win by stomping his opponent into the ground....he's evil when it comes to Scrabble. He wonders why people don't want to play with him. I have to sometimes declare a moratorium and tell him I can't play Scrabble with him for several days because I can't tolerate his wish to eviscerate me in every game. I need to build up stamina to go at it again. On those days, I play against unknown people out there in the internet world. J tells me I am his favorite opponent. Yeah, he loves trouncing me. I created this beast, what was I thinking?

2 comments:

Vt6Dragon said...

This made me laugh! But it also brought back the heated games of ping-pong K and I used to play in our younger days (BC, which means before children). I can't tell you the amount of times I was looking for a friendly game, just something to pass the time while we talked and spent time together and I ended up with a fat lip or bruised stomach from the stupid little ping pong ball slamming into me. Those suckers sting let me tell ya. He couldn't just return a volley, he had to slam the hell outta the thing! What is it with men? Does a smart and/or able woman threaten their manhood that much?

Funny.

Unknown said...

Scrabble reminds me of my grandmother.. I'm not saying anything here.. :)