Tuesday, August 23, 2005
More Than a Feeling
Today was a day from hell at work. Only 3 of us and the phones going abso-f*&^ing-lutely nuts. A bunch of reminders must have gone out because every other phone call was to book a mammo. The others were complicated and m.d. offices crabbing because they had to wait so long for someone to pick up—hey! YOU trying doing this job double…..I came up with the idea today, since each of us was doing the work of two people, shouldn’t we be getting paid for 16 hours rather than 8??? Supposed to be 6, there were 3 – you do the math. We all liked the idea, though I myself would rather have things more manageable than trying to do the impossible for 8 hours straight. My half hour in pre-reg covering R’s lunch was the quietest time I had all day. Sheesh! What the heck are they complaining about in there? I could have napped!
Tomorrow is review day—do you think the raises will reflect the amount of extra work we are all expected to do at a moment’s notice? Should someone leave the position, go on vacation or be out sick for any amount of time, we are expected to cover it all. And our little CS is “floating” until the replacement shows up in Onc. I really wish we could expect significant raises or bonuses or SOMETHING beside a dinner at Ron’s for all our efforts. *sigh* I guess we’ll see tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment