Wednesday, August 10, 2005
Hot Pepper Jelly
This year was my first attempt at making hot pepper jelly. In the past, I have made all sorts of jellies, jams and conserves, but I never tried making hot pepper jelly. I taught A how to make jellies and jams a long tme ago. She, in the past 5 years, took on the task of making hot pepper jelly and she experiments; sometimes it's burn your whole mouth hot, and sometimes it's medium and sometimes it's mild. I mostly like the medium hot stuff myself. T and E even had to cut the "burn your whole mouth hot" stuff with mild pepper jelly so they could eat it, so it's not just me.
J approves of my first attempt. K and P approved very vocally, so I guess it's a good batch. I need to make another batch before summer is over so I can give some as gifts, and have some on hand during the winter when it's a pleasant surprise to have for a special treat. I just have to figure out a spot to hide it from J so he won't be opening jars late at night and scarfing it all down on me. He's a late night snacker.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment