Monday, August 08, 2005
Vermont weekend
Before I left for my weekend, I managed to spill a bottle of nail polish, something I've never done before, and of course it had to be a fairly bright raspberry color on my rather beige bedroom carpet. I must have been screaming inside my head instead of aloud because J said he didn't have any idea the state of panic I was in upstairs. He thought I was just getting dressed and packing for VT. I managed to squirt most of a bottle of nail polish remover on the long thin lines of raspberry polish and took an old towel and rubbed the hell out of it, getting it down to a dull pinkish beige where I had spilled. It was the best I could do. Of course, that made me late starting out so I didn't want to stop along the way---just wanted to get there !
A weekend in Vermont, time slows down and there's no rush to get anywhere or do anything once you get there. It's so GREEN! Being in good company helps to make it a delight. The 2 1/2 hour drive just about destroyed my back but I popped a Darvocet and lounged around for the most part and managed to make do.
With the dragonflies flitting and owls hooting, the noise of a brush cutter in the distance, JK and I enjoyed eating outdoors and walking to the creek to dabble our toes in the icy cold water. The red raspberries hanging in the bushes, apparently missed by the bear, were an extra special treat to pop into our mouths after our meal.
All too soon it was time to leave and make that lonnnnnng trip back to the seacoast, to home. This time, I stopped along the way to get out and stretch my legs and back, hoping to avoid being crippled by the time I got home. I browsed through a basket shop and bought a couple of baskets and a seagrass mat for the beach. I was tempted to get some soft serve which was conveniently next door to the basket place, but I decided it would be better if I just put my plump thighs back on the seat and headed home.
When I got home, Daisy was ecstatic to see her mom and leaped up into my face with a huge dog smile on hers. There's nothing like unconditional love! J was happy to see me too but not nearly as demonstrative as Daisy about it. People usually aren't as expressive as pets.
Today is a low profile day with my back still protesting from too much driving, but I've loaded up on drugs to help that and hopefully, tomorrow I will be cruising around a lot more. If I could just get my back to cooperate more, Vermont weekends could be more frequent!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Who's this cheesecake recipe person? I think it might be blog spam!
Yeah, just what we need --another venue for spamming!!
Post a Comment