Sunday, October 30, 2005

Haunted House Party

My brother and his wife decided to have a haunted house party for their three boys and 60 friends! I offered to help out and was told I had to be in costume to help. My sister-in-law (SIS) said she had a costume I could use. What is it? I asked. She said she thought it was a wicked stepmother costume. I thought I could handle that. So here I am, the Wicked Stepmother and my very own superhero Superman, so full of himself! I just don't understand what was up with the black rabbit ears it looked like I had on. The kids seemed to all have a great time, except for two littler kids...one was afraid and she wanted to go home but we convinced her to stay for a while and she decided I wasn't so wicked after all and attached herself to me for a little while. The other was a little boy who was just overwhelmed by everything going on. My brother was dressed as a mummy and was using his lawn tractor to take the kids on a haunted hayride around the yard with different characters talking or jiggling around the yard. My favorite was this mechanical dude who reminded me of Bobcat Goldthwaite but John says he was from the Rocky Horror Picture Show. I still think he looks a lot like Bobcat. My SIS did a good job--she had games for them to play, doughnuts on strings that they had to eat without using their hands, decorating their own cookies with frosting and jimmies, bubble gum blowing contest that also involved whipped cream ( I didn't get to see that one) and other things. The haunted hayride was the hit of the night. The kids took the chocolate eyeballs from my pal Bobcat, and flung them at the kids on the hayride (bratty kids) and I guess my brother was beaned quite often; said he was lucky he didn't lose an eye---I remember when HE was a kid so I didn't have much sympathy. heh heh It was friggin' cold out there so you had to keep moving. I'm not sure who had more fun, the grown up kids or the real kids :)

No comments: