Wednesday, October 26, 2005
Weekend at Grandma's
This past weekend I had R and K visiting overnight, which is always fun. You never know what they will come up with for games to play at Grandma's. I will say this -- they have VERY inventive little minds and can make a game out of almost anything.
This time they were playacting Cinderella and the wicked stepmother -- must be the favorite dvd of the moment. R was Cinderella and K was the wicked stepmother, being very mean and I think R liked it!!! I think they knew some of the lines by heart -- they get this from their mother -- she can STILL recite lines from her favorite movies growing up.
They also do PeeWee's Playhouse scenes together, complete with the funny voices of the different characters! It's hysterical to listen to them, a 4 year old and 8 year old. They take turns being the different characters.
R's favorite phrase now in conversation is "Oh, and by the way" and a lot of "Actually...." and K's is, "What about me?" I heard both of these about a hundred times this weekend. J and I were quite amused with the little imps.
K told me I was beautiful and that J is GORGEOUS!! I told her he was handsome, not gorgeous, but she liked his reaction to gorgeous so much that she kept telling him that. Nothing like the love of a child.
Daisy loves to have the kids there but I think she gets sensory overload, keeping track of them. She's very very good with them, but is quite exhausted when they go home. She naps DEEP once they are gone from her domain. I think anything that is outside of her routine would do the same to her. But she does have lots of fun with them when they are here. So do I!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment