Saturday, October 15, 2005

Is it an initiation or game?

I recently discovered that someone switched Saab car emblems on me. I had brand new, or nearly new hood and trunk emblems when I bought my used Saab in March. Two days ago, I looked at the hood of my car and saw a completely silver, no griffon, no Saab, no blue surround emblem on the hood. I KNOW that it isn't mine. I walked around to the back and looked at the trunk emblem. That one isn't the same either. It has parts of the blue and red missing on it. Who would switch emblems? Is it some sort of game Saab people play on each other? Is it an initation into the Saab world?? If it is, I DON'T want to play. I'm not having fun having my good emblems swiped and replaced with crap. I looked up replacement parts online and found brand new ones cost $57 for the hood and $49 for the trunk!! Ohhhh, this is NOT funny! I went on eBay and found some to bid on---I'm waiting now for a used, but looking pretty new hood emblem. So far, I am winning it for under $5 with shipping of $3.50 so it would be a reasonable price. But I still feel like I want to Superglue it or weld it or something to the hood of my car so no one can swipe this one. I have a strong feeling it happened at work. Security just zips through the parking lot on occasion and there are no security cameras out there. RATS! There are lots of different people using that lot when there are conferences in our building, which is practically every day so there are transient Saab owners lurking. It really sucks to think someone who works for the hospital would do that to a fellow employee. Wouldn't it be funny to rig a siren to the emblem so that the next time someone tried to swipe it a really loud shrieking alarm goes off ? and then maybe some red dye spurts out and covers their hand so that they are marked as thieves? Hey, I can fantasize about revenge.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You know, there are all sorts of visitors there too, you never know what kind of saab emblem stealing scum are lurking around in that parking lot! That sucks! I hope no one thinks about stealing the emblem from my loser cruiser! I'd surely die.. wait, do I have even have an emblem?? Oh, I wish I cared about my car like you do! ;)

Vt6Dragon said...

Something similar happen to us a long time ago. We owned a VW Rabbit and someone kept swiping the gas cap. I don't mean once or twice - we replaced it about four times before we got a locking one. It happened at the community college I was attending so the security was basically the same as you are describing.

It would be good if you had a little camera mounted on your dashboard...;-}

christhadasister said...

Sadly, it's probably the price you pay for having such a nice car! I bet no one ever stole anything off the geo! Though I love and miss my geo (oh the cheap gas)

Ezili said...

you're so right christhadasister! Nothing was ever stolen from the Geo---people probably laughed at that car, but I loved my Geo too.