Friday, November 25, 2005
Thanksgiving
I have a lot of things to be thankful for...good thing I wasn't counting on absolutely wonderful food at dinner time. J's sister had pre-ordered from a place called The Secret Chef, the entire Thanksgiving dinner! The turkey was all right, gravy was so-so, stuffing was DRY, potatoes tasteless. The butternut squash was really yummy and the rolls were fine. The pies were all ordered too, so no homemade pies...very easy to just take a taste and push it away. The pumpkin cheesecake was pretty darn good but that came from K, not the Secret Chef. I'm thankful that I didn't go hog wild and kept myself in control while enjoying a day off my diet.
I'm thankful I didn't have to go see J's mother in the nursing home--I don't do well in nursing homes ever since my Grandmother was stuck in one. I was happy to have Daisy with us. She was such a good girl all day, even though that little terrier Brady had his nose stuck up inside her most of the time when he wasn't trying to hump her....what an ambitious little horn dog!!
I"m thankful for all my wonderful friends and the joy they bring to my life. I'm very thankful for having a great daughter and two beautiful grandchildren who make life worth living.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love your positive outlook. We had to rearrange our Thanksgiving plans around K's sickness and today is our big meal - all homemade! :-) We are smoking the turkey outside in the smoker. Hope it will be good. I, too, have a lot to be thankful for, and like you, my kids are at the top of the list.
Post a Comment