Sunday, September 18, 2005

My Best Boy

He's growing up. I can't stop it and it's a natural thing so I shouldn't want to stop it, but it's hard to think that there will come a time when he's not so thrilled to see his grandma come to visit; he won't want to sit in the same chair as me and show me everything new that he's done or has happened since the last time I saw him. He won't be running to me with open arms and a big welcome kiss. He may not care any more what I think of his actions. He may groan when he sees me coming up the driveway. It will break my heart---he's going to be 8 years old tomorrow. WHERE did the time go?

4 comments:

christhadasister said...

I don't think kids ever outgrow their grandmas- especially cool grandma's like your yourself!
I remember my grandmother was the first person I wanted to show my report card to (even in high school) she always told me how great I did, even when my highest grade was a C!

Vt6Dragon said...

Christhadasister is right! My kids are 13 and 15 and they still LOVE to spend time with my parents. But, my mother still asks me if they want to, or if they feel they have to. I am always thrilled to tell her they love to. And I don't just tell her that, I've asked my kids and they were shocked to think they might outgrow their grandparents some day. Give yourself the credit you deserve. He does and always will love his very cool and loving grandma.

Unknown said...

They're both right here! He's never going to outgrow you, in fact, he's going to think that you are the best person in the world for many years to come, and he'll always be running to give you a hug!

Ezili said...

You're all so nice to boost me up like that. I still find myself with tears in my eyes every time I think about him being 8 already....what's wrong with me?? Need more meds :)