Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Was It Something I Said??

I knew J was coming in late, because of a doctor's appointment. But P was due in at 8:00, so no problem. Then C at 8:30 and K and T at 9:00...no sweat. While I'm waiting, a deer shows up on our hillside, right near the big forsythia bush. It's a boy with little antlers, about a year old. He's grazing quite contentedly. There's no one to share this with, so I call DB to see if she can see him from her office. She comes in to our office to observe. He stays for a few minutes, circling around so we can view him from all angles. How cute! 8:00 comes and goes; no P. 8:30 comes and goes; no P OR C...what;s going on??? Is someone or something highjacking my co-workers? Phones were steady and I needed to pee desperately. Surely someone knows where they are. I called D in Kingston...is C there? Did we screw up and think she was coming in here today? No C. I called JD...I think I'm looking at the right, most recent updated schedule.... where are my work buddies? JD doesn't know ...says they should both be here....WHAT'S HAPPENING OUT THERE?? Finally T shows up a couple minutes before 9....okay, no conspiracy. I run for the bathroom after expressing how happy I am to see her. When I come out DB is trying to explain why C is not here. One of her schedules says she is due in at 10...the other, the one I looked at, says she's here at 8:30. Geez, no wonder we're all confused! Poor P...she had an old schedule up at home and she really thought she was due in at 9:30...and showed up then. Unfortunately, now she has to stay until 6, the one early day she was scheduled for this week and she missed it. I really hope tomorrow is back to normal, whatever normal is these days.

1 comment:

christhadasister said...

Who can keep up with all these changes! It makes my head spin sometimes! Can you see I'm catching up on your posts! :)