Tuesday, May 31, 2005
Vincent
It must be the drugs I am taking. They give me all sorts of crazy dreams, with enough things that MIGHT be real to sometimes make me think I have really experienced them. The drugs are supposed to be helping me to get my back pain-free...I'm not sure it's helping there, but I AM sleeping quite well. :)
Anyway, on to Vincent...
On Sunday, I noticed a moth sitting on the wall in the living room, above my reach, so I just watched him. I figured if he moved lower I could "help" him to leave my abode. He stayed there all day, not moving. J came home and noticed the moth too. I told him he'd been sitting there all day and would he please remove him for me? J said, "No, leave him alone. He's not hurting anything."
Monday, the moth had disappeared. I don't know where, I saw no signs of him anywhere, so I didn't give him another thought.
This morning while I was still groggy and trying to down some coffee to get me up and running, J noticed the moth had returned and was on a wall behind me. He said, "Look, Vincent!" I looked at him like he had three heads. "You named him???" J just grinned at me. I don't talk much until I have a full cup of coffee in me so there isn't much conversation at the start of our days.
After I went upstairs and got ready for work, I came down to gather my stuff for work. When I am in the kitchen, J can't usually hear me very well....not that he EVER hears well, but it's worse when I'm at the sink and he's in the living room. I asked him a question and he yelled, "WHAT?" And he sounded pretty cranky. So I spoke up louder and he answered me. Then I asked him another question and he said, "I CAN'T HEAR YOU!" And I said, "Someone is cranky this morning. You don't need to yell at me." He said, "You know I can't hear you. I'm not cranky." (said in a VERY cranky voice) So I thought, why not make a joke out of it so he'll stop being cranky? Again, I said, "no need to be cranky, Mean Old Man."
I saw him get up and take a napkin and go after the moth on the wall. He squashed it. When I saw that I said, "Oh see how cranky you are? You squashed Vincent. You killed him!"
J looked at me like I had gone completely mad. "WHO?" he said. "Vincent. Didn't you tell me you named him Vincent?"
J said, "Why would I name a moth? And why would I name him Vincent? Are you smoking dope or something? Where did that come from?"
I said, "You just told me this morning he was Vincent. Have you forgotten already?" He started laughing at me. "You are one crazy woman. That conversation never happened."
I burst out laughing, tears rolling down my face, wheezing and trying to hold it together....did I dream that whole scene or did he say something entirely different, like, "Look, an insect." And when I asked him if he named him, he just grinned; maybe that was a coverup because he didn't hear what I said so he figured grinning was a safe response. Whatever occurred, it's a mystery to me and I'll probably never know for sure. I was SO certain he named that moth. And he's SO certain I've lost my mind....what the hell do those pills have in them anyway????
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment