Saturday, May 28, 2005
Star Wars second time around
Star Wars...who would have guessed I'd be doing the Star Wars thing all over again? Does that make me ancient?? I did Star Wars the first time around with my kids, my son wanting everything SW and going to all three movies with both kids and sitting in seats sticky with gum, spilled soda, with nasty things under my feet I don't even want to LOOK to see what it is. I have to confess, I DID get into the movies and characters myself, in spite of those cinnamon bun thingies on Princess Leia's head....glad THAT didn't become a fashion statement in the real world.
But this second time around, I can converse with my grandchildren about the original three movies, sort of, but there's a lot I've forgotten and now there are three NEW movies, that actually take place BEFORE the old movies, if you can follow that, and I have no idea what my boy is referring to. I am going to have to watch the three new ones, then watch the three old ones and go back and sound like the cool grandma I am so I can still be their hero. I go on eBay and bid on the original action figures for them so they can have those as well as the new ones mom buys for them. I still have some of the original ones from when D was a boy and R gets to play with those when he visits. He thinks they are as good as TREASURE.
I even play Star Wars things with them. I put the Darth Vader mask on and breathe funny and say, "Luke, I am your Father!" for them while K acts like Princess Leia (no buns) and R like Luke Skywalker or C3PO, depending on his mood. Gotta be careful of that light saber though, especially when K is wielding it....she is one dangerous little midget!! Don't get her mad at you...she can really hurt you without trying.
Well, I AM having fun the second time around but this time, I don't have to live and breathe Star Wars. I can go home and rest after getting into all that with them; do grown up things like take a nap so I can get some energy back to do the not so fun things like cooking, cleaning, laundry, and all that.
Hey, maybe I do want to be a Star Wars nut with them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment