Halloween --- time for scary stuff! Four of us from work decided to try this scare fest at Cranmore Mountain this year since another fellow worker's family created it and worked on it for months. We bought our tickets online and all traveled together in D's Hummer (cool ride!)up to North Conway. We stopped to eat at the Muddy Moose restaurant, complete with dead animal heads and such on the walls....kind of Bugaboo Creek-ish. Good food though.
When we got to Cranmore it was pitch dark except for the glorious star-strung sky. It's so clear and beautiful in the mountains. They had changed the resort's pub name for the event to the Boo-bonic Pub and it was appropriately decorated. The actors stayed in character the entire time and it had a Nazi Germany flavor to it (thus Ghoullog). They shouted out commands and strutted around the pub where we were all waiting in line for our chairlift ride to the top of the mountain where part of the ghoul fest took place.
I made the mistake of mimicking one of the Nazi ghouls, with blood dripping from his sooty eyes and ears as he pushed his way through our cluster. I didn't realize he had overheard me and he whirled around, yelled "Silence!" at me then shot me with his gun! It was so loud and so sudden, I screamed along with about half the rest of the crowd and trembled while waiting for my hearing to return. THAT will teach me to be a smart ass!
They did such an awesome job on this scary adventure---it was well worth the trip and we completely enjoyed being scared. The only part that totally freaked me out was the part where one of the Nazi soldiers started shouting at me "Go to the left! Go to the left! " and then proceeded to shove me against the wall. The wall started to give and I was getting pushed from behind, while I thought I was going to be smothered by these strange rubbery walls. I managed to finally push my way through , screaming all the way, to the other side where walls of cockroaches waited for us, along with more cockroaches littering the floor while a strobe light made it feel like the room was moving around us and the floor was swaying. It was so freaky!
Of course, the rest of the women got to go home and sleep with their husbands for the most part. I got to go home to an empty house except for my dog, who loves me to pieces but I doubt she would do much to save me. She would probably cower behind me. You know once your imagination is stimulated like that, you're bound to have vivid dreams and nightmares.
I highly recommend this good scare for jump starting your adrenalin -- no kids under 10, no pregnant women -- sorry JG, maybe next year!
Sunday, October 14, 2007
Ghoullog at Cranmore
Halloween --- time for scary stuff! Four of us from work decided to try this scare fest at Cranmore Mountain this year since another fellow worker's family created it and worked on it for months. We bought our tickets online and all traveled together in D's Hummer (cool ride!)up to North Conway. We stopped to eat at the Muddy Moose restaurant, complete with dead animal heads and such on the walls....kind of Bugaboo Creek-ish. Good food though.
When we got to Cranmore it was pitch dark except for the glorious star-strung sky. It's so clear and beautiful in the mountains. They had changed the resort's pub name for the event to the Boo-bonic Pub and it was appropriately decorated. The actors stayed in character the entire time and it had a Nazi Germany flavor to it (thus Ghoullog). They shouted out commands and strutted around the pub where we were all waiting in line for our chairlift ride to the top of the mountain where part of the ghoul fest took place.
I made the mistake of mimicking one of the Nazi ghouls, with blood dripping from his sooty eyes and ears as he pushed his way through our cluster. I didn't realize he had overheard me and he whirled around, yelled "Silence!" at me then shot me with his gun! It was so loud and so sudden, I screamed along with about half the rest of the crowd and trembled while waiting for my hearing to return. THAT will teach me to be a smart ass!
They did such an awesome job on this scary adventure---it was well worth the trip and we completely enjoyed being scared. The only part that totally freaked me out was the part where one of the Nazi soldiers started shouting at me "Go to the left! Go to the left! " and then proceeded to shove me against the wall. The wall started to give and I was getting pushed from behind, while I thought I was going to be smothered by these strange rubbery walls. I managed to finally push my way through , screaming all the way, to the other side where walls of cockroaches waited for us, along with more cockroaches littering the floor while a strobe light made it feel like the room was moving around us and the floor was swaying. It was so freaky!
Of course, the rest of the women got to go home and sleep with their husbands for the most part. I got to go home to an empty house except for my dog, who loves me to pieces but I doubt she would do much to save me. She would probably cower behind me. You know once your imagination is stimulated like that, you're bound to have vivid dreams and nightmares.
I highly recommend this good scare for jump starting your adrenalin -- no kids under 10, no pregnant women -- sorry JG, maybe next year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment