I need new tires for my car. I barely made it through last winter with these crappy tires I have that are GREAT in rain but so lousy in snow. I have no traction in the snow, just slip slide my way through, hoping no one makes me stop because I'll never get going again. I've gotten expert at steering out of slides though.
My mechanic gave me a price of $127 per tire to replace the crappy tires with just decent all season tires, nothing special, just decent. Yikes! He says that includes mounting and balancing. Big whoop. He would charge me every time he had to rotate them, every second oil change. So I figure I should go to someplace that specializes in tires that does free rotation for the life of the tires. I shop online just to get an idea of how much or how little I can get away with since I have to replace the crap tires sooner or later, even if I make it through this winter with them. The cheapest price I find is $82.50 a tire including mounting, balancing and free rotation. That's still a lotta clams to shell out! J's tires were only about $50 a tire for decent ones. Why do mine have to be so expensive?
I'm so tired of worrying about money all the time. I owe, I owe, I owe. I think I need to play the lottery or something. I would love to pay everything off and start fresh with just utility bills and a mortgage. Ah, life would be much easier....

1 comment:
Ahh, yes, just utilities and mortgage. Wouldn't that be nice? Free up some cash for a much needed girl's vacation to St. Maarten! I hear ya. Can you do some Reiki on your tires to make them last a little bit longer?
Vt6Dragon
Post a Comment