Sunday, March 04, 2007

Channel F

I've gone all fall and winter without catching the dreaded cold viruses going around, up until now. I've been taking astragulus root capsules, (recommended by the physican I work for) and it has helped me get this far. Unfortunately, my co-worker ended up with a huge, ugly cold and apparently passed it along to me! I avoided all those cold germs from the patients, from other coworkers, from grandkids, from my stepdaughter and my husband, but this last one apparently got through. I'm probably not as bad off as I would be if I weren't taking the astragulus, but still, I hate cold symptoms. I slept a lot yesterday and still went to bed early and kept the thought in my mind that I would not have trouble breathing while I slept. I hate mouth breathing. So, in and out of sleep all night, waking myself up with noisy snoring and snorting and finding one nostril blocked. Each time I woke up I went through this thing in my head -- gotta keep Channel F open for breathing. I would then either sniff in really hard or get a kleenex and blow out really hard and open up the offending nostril, aka Channel F, then go back to sleep. It was like I was at the center of the command post and needed to keep an eye on all Channels. OMG, where the heck did that come from? Whatever, I guess it worked enough for me to get some sleep, though I still feel pretty tired today. If I'm lucky, just a couple more days and I'll be back to normal and won't have to patrol Channel F any more.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

sorry to hear you're sick! the best thing for a clogged up nostril, is a sinus rinse, i swear by them! neilmed makes a good one.. it feels weird at first but it gets a lot of goop out!

Vt6Dragon said...

I'm so sorry you're sick. The sinus rinse is a good idea, though. My g-grandfather used to snuff salt water so my mother always made us to that. It DOES work! Vitamin C and ginger too!

Looking forward to June.